I’m a creative thinker that solves communication problems using innovative design + branding. For the past 22 years, I’ve created hundreds of designs for print, web, packaging, and more.
I’ve worked for both design agencies and corporations as well as owned my own design firm.
Industries I've done work for include:
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Music & Entertainment
- Food Service & Restaurant
- Real Estate
- B2B & B2C
Art Director -
Work as art director, design manager, designer (print, web, and UI/UX), and front-end developer. Manage multiple web, identity, and print projects for dozens of clients, with demanding turnarounds. Lead a team of both on-site and off-site designers, by managing workflows, providing art direction, and mentoring. Work with multiple developers for web and app development. Interface with client teams daily to complete projects and brainstorm successful solutions.
- Increased sales leads by redesigning and recoding company website, which also improved responsive functionality and speed.
- Developed new revenue stream through creation & management of client web hosting solution. Oversee dozens of client sites, DNS settings, databases, and web application installations.
- Improved team performance by advocating for adoption of project management platform.
Art Director -
Stevens & Tate
Worked as art director, designer (print and web), and front-end developer. Managed multiple print, identity, and web projects for several clients, with short timelines and tight budgets. Managed a team of off- site freelancers through project life cycles. Worked closely with account executives, copywriters, and web department to complete projects successfully.
- Interfaced daily with print vendors, fulfillment houses, videographers and other creative vendors for pricing and completion of projects.
- Helped launch new line of consumer appliances with creation of product identity.
- Recoded company website into modern web standards using HTML5 and CSS3.
Web Designer -
Sun-Times Media Group
Managed web development project workflow and Jira system for web department. Provided guidance for developers on best practice UI design and front-end coding. Worked closely with other developers to launch new web site features on multiple web sites.
- Successfully redesigned and redeveloped Monster co-branded pages for 40 publication web sites.
- Redesigned Homes/Real Estate web site.
- Troubleshot and solved Yahoo BOSS v2 bug on RogerEbert.com
Lead Marketing Creative -
Sun-Times Media Group
Managed creative project workflow for marketing department as well as two other designers. Provided art direction, graphic design, copy writing, and web design for many projects as well as major company initiatives. Responsible for proofing and submitting advertising for daily and weekly publications.
- Reorganized department's workflow and processes in order to increase efficiency and cut down on errors.
- Refreshed identity of beleaguered auto portal, ToDrive.com, by redesigning brand, creating new print and web advertising campaign as well as redesigning web site.
- Spearheaded creation of completely new classified filler ads for Sun-Times Media network of 40 publications.
- Redesigned and streamlined online classified ads wizard for all publications that allowed customers to easily purchase print and online classified ads.
Principal & Creative Director -
Rocket No. 9, LLC
Oversaw all details of the business as owner and primary designer.
- Completed and managed projects from conception to launch.
- Managed sales, client contact, subcontractors, developers, and more on a daily basis.
- Worked on web design and development, print design, and illustration, overseeing all aspects of projects.
- Designed and coded many web sites for a wide range of clients.
Lead Graphic Designer -
LBP Manufacturing, Inc.
Worked as graphic designer, art director, and department co-manager.
- Spearheaded creation of corporate style guide that detailed logo usage, tagline usage, color palette, typography, etc.
- Created new concepts for marketing and branding initiatives. Carried these across multiple mediums and usages to help make marketing and branding a success.
- Brought new life into product lines by reinvigorating visual identities. Created new logos and supporting identities for a dozen product lines.
- Relaunched stalled product sellsheets with a cohesive family redesign that bolstered company’s complete product line. Redesigned product catalog into an easier to use and easier to read version which complemented the corporate identity.
- Established departmental guidelines and rules for server usage, file set-up, and workflow. Guided both new and seasoned designers on proper file set-up and new workflow.
- Managed other designers, assigning work, scheduling time, and providing art direction.
Education & Awards
Leadership Training For Managers
Dale Carnegie Chicago
BFA, double major in Visual Communication & Illustration
Northern Illinois University
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED