I’m a creative thinker that solves communication problems using innovative design + branding. For the past 21 years, I’ve created hundreds of designs for print, web, packaging, and more.
I’ve worked for both design agencies and corporations as well as owned my own design firm.
Industries I've done work for include:
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Music & Entertainment
- Food Service & Restaurant
- Real Estate
- B2B & B2C
Art Director -
Work as art director, designer (print, web, and UI/UX), and front-end developer. Manage multiple web, identity, and print projects for dozens of clients, with demanding turnarounds. Work with multiple developers for web and app development. Interface with client teams daily to complete projects and brainstorm successful solutions.
- Successfully implemented new project management system and file server organization that increased team productivity and billable time.
- Implemented and manage new income stream of client web hosting. Oversee dozens of client sites, DNS settings, databases, and web application installations.
- Redesigned and rebuilt company website, increasing traffic and sales. Implemented new marketing automation platform for both internal and client use.
Art Director -
Stevens & Tate
Worked as art director, designer (print and web), and front-end developer. Managed multiple print, identity, and web projects for several clients, with short timelines and tight budgets. Managed a team of off- site freelancers through project life cycles. Worked closely with account executives, copywriters, and web department to complete projects successfully.
- Interfaced with print vendors, fulfillment houses, videographers and other creative vendors for pricing and completion of projects.
- Recoded company website into modern web standards using HTML5 and CSS3.
Web Designer -
Sun-Times Media Group
Managed web development project workflow and Jira system for web department. Provided guidance for developers on best practice UI design and front-end coding. Worked closely with developers on team to launch new web site features on multiple web sites.
- Successfully redesigned and redeveloped Monster co-branded pages for 40 publication web sites.
- Redesigned Homes/Real Estate web site.
- Troubleshot and solved Yahoo BOSS v2 bug on RogerEbert.com
Lead Marketing Creative -
Sun-Times Media Group
Managed creative project workflow for marketing department as well as two other marketing designers. Provided art direction, graphic design, copy writing, and web design for many projects as well as major company initiatives. Responsible for proofing and submitting advertising for daily and weekly publications.
- Reorganized department's workflow and processes in order to increase efficiency and cut down on errors.
- Refreshed identity of beleaguered auto portal, ToDrive.com, by redesigning brand, creating new print and web advertising campaign as well as redesigning web site.
- Spearheaded creation of completely new classified filler ads for Sun-Times Media network of 40 publications. Redesigned and streamlined online classified ads wizard for all publications that allowed customers to easily purchase print and online classified ads.
Principal & Creative Director -
Rocket No. 9, LLC
Oversaw all details of the business as owner and primary designer.
- Completed and managed projects from conception to launch.
- Managed sales, client contact, subcontractors, developers, and more on a daily basis.
- Worked on web design and development, print design, and illustration, overseeing all aspects of projects.
- Designed and coded many web sites for a wide range of clients.
Lead Graphic Designer -
LBP Manufacturing, Inc.
Worked as graphic designer, art director, and department co-manager. Created corporate style guide that detailed logo usage, tagline usage, color palette, typography, etc.
- Created new marketing and branding initiatives. Carried these across multiple mediums and usages to help make marketing and branding a success.
- Brought new life into product lines by reinvigorating visual identities. Created new logos and supporting identities for a dozen product lines.
- Relaunched stalled product sellsheets with a cohesive family redesign that bolstered company’s complete product line. Redesigned product catalog into an easier to use and easier to read version which complemented the corporate identity.
- Established departmental guidelines and rules for server usage, file set-up, and workflow. Guided both new and seasoned designers on proper file set-up and new workflow.
Leadership Training For Managers
Dale Carnegie Chicago
BFA, double major in Visual Communication & Illustration
Northern Illinois University
ALL FIELDS REQUIRED